About Us : Mission & Educational Philosophy
The mission of Fox River Country Day School is to educate the whole child through a values-based curriculum
conducted in a home-like environment combining academic excellence with individual character development.
An education at Fox River Country Day School is based on the following premises:
- That children should feel cared for, loved, respected, and supported in their
- That children have an unlimited capacity to express goodness and intelligence,
and that a school should help each child reach beyond limitations of all types
and help them discover higher and more rewarding levels of achievement.
- That a school must be committed to looking for and finding each child’s best
nature and most expansive abilities, and to encouraging each child to recognize
those strengths in order to develop true individuality.
- That education should be of the whole child; that children should be
encouraged to develop, not just academically, but socially, creatively,
physically, morally, and spiritually—and not just in a theoretical way, but
through practical and positive character building qualities.
- That education should foster a respect for self and the convictions of others
and a commitment to the highest ideals of democracy and citizenship.
- That the gift of understanding carries with it a responsibility to embrace
community, the environment, and the wider world with compassion, respect, and
- That parents, teachers, and staff should feel they have a vital partnership
role in each child’s experience at the School.
In practice this means:
fosters personal achievement
expects academic excellence
honors spiritual values
builds self-esteem and humility
promotes an alert and active citizenry
highlights the value of community
delight in discovery
develop an active love of learning
have high personal academic standards
gain respect for law and service
value cooperation and team spirit